My week has been a pretty weird… if yours has been a bit stressful too relax and numb your brain by checking out these links and indulging in the sweet act of procrastination:
– Like looking at pretty pictures? Check out the Terrie Tanaka website. They have some great stylists, photographers and MUA’s on their books so if you are needing inspiration and can’t be arsed trawling through Flickr it is worth a look. I got to meet the Terrie Tanaka team this week and lets say they are some of the most interesting workaholics you are ever likely to meet…
– Looking for a decent reputable internship? This website is government run and has internships connections for most industries.
– Luxirare’s work will have you throwing an anxiety/jealousy induced fit in no time. Her talent is suspiscious – I think she might be a robot.
That is all.
– I should really look at this website regularly but I don’t… but it has some very useful photography job listings.
– Redesigning and building a website? Like I should be instead of wasting time on the internet? Here’s some inspiration.
– I want a subscription to this company more than a fat kid wants cake.
– Jewellery making is kind of interesting me right now. Not your crafty, beady, hippy nonsense something more substantial.
That is all for now. I will be updating with some new postcard collages and news of a new writing gig very sooooon.
Winter Trees by Vanessa Heaton
Vanessa Heaton is one of those people who makes Etsy so addictive and so dangerous for the pocket.
A collector of fineries:
A talented artist:
Vanessa’s collecting spirit and artisitic eye has led to the creation of her new blog:
The website does what it says on the tin. ScathinglyBrilliantIdeas acts as an assembly point for all the inspiring and interesting pieces that pop up on Etsy. Definitely worth checking out when you have the must-spend-money-right-now Etsy itch. I only hope she begins featuring her own work…. I would be intrigued to read about the ideas that inspired her individual prints.
My little postcard collage is up on Acquired Collective:
My collage for the Acquired Collective
There is a lot of other fun work there as well so make sure you check it out.
I really like this postcard which was altered by Fabio Sassi:
Postcard remix for the Acquired Collective