Hello internetz. I have completed some illustrations for Supersweet Magazine. Though ignoring my illustration efforts entirely, you should follow the link to read the article anyway as it contains invaluable hair advice. Like, the most important advice you might ever receive. The kind of stuff you will contemplate on your death bed. Go. Now.
Another photography inspiration this week. I’m mainly working on photography projects at the moment so accordingly it is this kind of imagery that is interesting me the most.
Anyway on to the photos; American photographer Mike Brodie left home as a teenager to ride the rails. He documented his travels and produced many beautiful images, such as the one shown above. I’ve never been much of a documentary photographer so I find I am always super impressed by anyone is talented in that field. Mike Brodies work is well worth seeking out beyond the images I have provided. His composition, portraits, use of colour and depictions of landscapes are inspiring to any photographer regardless of their usual subject matter.
Oh and the update: I have a job interview tomorrow. It is something that might be good for me on many levels so… fingers crossed.
I recently joined a new art group called the Crow Crow Collective. It is very early days but should result in some interesting work. Here are the lovely members:
- Joanna Zylinska: I mentioned her work in the previous entry 😉
- Sean: art, magazine, radio… he is involved in the lot.
- Susan Leen: She doesn’t have a website yet but you will probably be able to check her work out on the Crow Crow collective blog relatively soon.
- Denise Hickey: Last but certainly not least, the lady behind the idea and the founder of the collective.
We are looking for all sorts of opportunities (exhibition, collaboration etc) so if you have a project let us know… until we have a website you can do that by emailing me: amy[at]amyseven.com.
Posted in art, artwork, links, photography, update
Tagged art collective, art group, crow crow collective, denise hickey, Joanna Zylinska, sean, susan leen, update
A few changes in the websites content are kicking off next week. You know… that involve more than montly updates…
Other than that I am still looking for someone to collaborate with to work on getting this website a new look. So for a awhile it looks like I am going to be relying on downloading wordpress themes. Not particularly interesting to look at but practical for current purposes.
This will probably be the last update of the week – I have a mini project to complete so need to direct my thought processes to that task. It involves writing. I haven’t wrote anything particularly tricky since June so anticipating it might take some time.
My graduate work ‘hoodie’ is being shown in September/October/November issue of Mailout Magazine. It is a great magazine that avoids the Londoncentric trap and acknowledges a wide range of art work from across the U.K. Their mission statement focuses on inclusion in the arts so if that is your sort of thing get yourself over to their website sharpish: http://www.e-mailout.org/. I was really surprised to see ‘hoodie’ featured – my work has continued to evolve since then so it is quite strange to see this series out in real world again!
Posted in art, artwork, exhibition, links, photography, update
Tagged arts magazine, emailout, graduate, hoodie, mailout, mailout magazine, uclan, weeee
This is true.
Normality has resumed recently allowing me more time to figure a few things out. So one of these ‘things’ is to redo this website. This basic wordpress style was just supposed to be temporary but its resembling something dangerously permanent.
It might be a rather large job.
So forgive the quiet – it is a sign of better things and schemes. If you need to know anything in the meanwhile feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Coast baaaby
My last post is now wildly inaccurate. I have very little time for anything (in the best way possible of course).
Anyway a new mini project is on the horizon: Nowt Zine. My role in all this is to lend my art faggy opinions and visuals. I will leave it to Marion, the zines magical creator, to explain its purpose further:
A music fanzine based in West Cumbria. Since bands who play in places like Monroes and CockRock are ending up on 6Music and the Fly with alarming regularity, it seems only right that someone should ride in on the coat-tails of this coolness and document the local music goings on in a fanzine / webzine. Watch this space for exciting new developments, coming soon!
Nowt Zine is looking for contributions: We like them varied (and we quite like some funny) so…
- The Written Word. Especially if its music/art/culture related. However we are open to anything interesting really.
- Pretty Pictures. Photographs, artwork, illustration and cartoons: if you’ve got it we might just want it. If you’re work is pretty good and you ask nicely it might end up on our featured artist page. Note: the zine is printed using good old fashioned photocopies. Its an advantage if your work looks good printed in high contrast and black and white.
- Lastly and most importantly: This is a zine based in Cumbria. We are mainly looking for contributors from Cumbria or with connections to the area. This applies to the work as well – it is more likely to be chosen if it relates to the local area. Consider yourself warned 😉
Did you read all that?
Interested? Want to know more?
Here is our email: email@example.com
and here is some links: